The CB-30200 is a standard xenon chamber with many functions. It is equipped with three xenon lamps made in the USA and a daylight filter, to meet with all standards requirements.
The CB-30200 is equipped with a pure water sprayer and completely addresses the water requirements from B-SUN. This instrument can hold 27 piece samples and with its spray function, it can also control the relative humidity of the working internal environment.
All the test parameters (Irradiance, test time, BPT, etc）are programmable through the touchscreen. The running status is accessible at any time and all the running parameters can be exported to a computer through the USB interface.
Artificial weathering of coatings or exposure of coatings to filtered xenon-arc radiation is performed to find the degree of change in a sample after a known amount of radiant exposure, to find out the radiant exposure required to produce a certain degree of aging or both. The properties selected for monitoring should preferably be those that are important for the practical use of the coatings. The properties of the coatings exposed are compared with those of unexposed coating prepared from the same coating materials at the same time and in the same way (control specimens) or with those of coatings exposed at the same time whose behavior during testing in the exposure device is already known (reference specimens).
The Xenon Lamplight emulates the effect of sunshine, while the water spray system emulates the effects of rain and dew. During the test, radiation energy and temperature are controllable. A typical test cycle is generally carried out under a strong irradiation of Xenon light and periodic precipitation. These tests are generally performed in the fields of paint and coatings, automotive industry, plastic, wood, glue, etc…
Xenon Light Accelerated Weathering Cabinets（here in after referred as B-SUN）use Xenon lamps as an artificial light source, and can modify the full spectrum of sunlight as well as temperature and humidity.
The inner chamber temperature and humidity can be properly controlled to obtain periodic precipitation on the samples for fully evaluating the damage factor caused by sunlight, moisture and temperature (materials aging phenomenon includes fading, deluster, intensity reduction, racking, flaking, chalking, and oxidation).
The CB-30200 B-SUN is a full-featured light fastness, color fastness, and photo stability chamber at a unbelievable price. It utilizes three separate xenon lamps made in the USA. At the same time, the CB-30200 B-SUN offers standard humidity control system and a pure water sprayer.
A product exposed outdoors to direct sunlight, experiences maximum light intensity for only a few hours each day. B-SUN can subject your test specimens to the equivalent of noon summer sunlight for 24 hours a day, every day. Consequently, specimen degradation can be highly accelerated.
B-SUN, has three optical different filters which are used to get different spectra for various applications.
① Daylight Filters：used to simulate noon summer direct sunlight, they can offer the best correlation to the natural exposures for most applications. Materials which are typically used outdoors like exterior coatings or outdoor rubbers should be tested using Daylight Filters. This test is called “Artificial Weathering Test”
② Window Glass Filterr：Using 0.12inch (3mm) thickness window glass to produce spectra equivalent to sunlight coming through normal window glass. This spectrum can also simulate some indoor lighting such as the harsh lighting found in a typical commercial or office environment. They are used for indoor materials such as printing materials or textiles. This test is called as “Exposure to artificial radiation Test”
③ Extended UV filters：These filters allow excess UV, below the normal cut-on of natural sunlight, used to simulate sunlight which doesn’t come through the atmosphere.They are suited to produce faster or more severe test results. This test is called “Artificial Accelerated Weathering Test”
For many customers, the affordable B-SUN Tester’s low purchase price, low lamp prices, and low operating cost create a breakthrough in the price/performance equation. Now even the smallest lab can afford to perform xenon arc testing.
- Three xenon lamps made in the US with high irradiance energy, that meet all the international standards.
- Can automatically set and control the relative humidity of the working chamber.
- The test procedures can be programmed freely, and up to 16 predetermined procedures can be saved at one time. Every procedure includes up to 10 segments of setting data.
- Can set the cumulative energy（total irradiance energy）obtained by the samples to finish a test procedure.
- Can set spray time and spray interval time.
- Irradiance energy can be accurately controlled. The "Sun Eye" control system can automatically compensate the change of light intensity caused by aging or other factors.
- Users can easily calibrate and adjust the irradiance or the blackboard temperature by themselves.
- Using a High precision PT100 Temperature sensor, the blackboard temperature is auto-controlled during the entire process
- Over temperature, overheating load, error for irradiance, auto shut-down protection when opening the door.
- The touchscreen and user-friendly operation interface allow the operator to set the test parameters and monitor all the test process easily.
- Specimen mounting and evaluation is fast and easy With unique slide-out specimen tray
- Real-time data can be collected and recorded. The incidental USB connector allows users to copy the test data into a USB drive, achieving unattended operation.
ISO 11341《Paints and varnishes-Artificial weathering and exposure to artificial radiation--Exposure to filtered xenon-arc radiation》
ISO 12040 《Graphic Technology -Prints and Printing Inks - Assessment of Light Fastness Using Filtered Xenon Arc Light
ASTM G151《Standard Practice for Exposing Nonmetallic Materials in Accelerated Test Devices that Use Laboratory Light Sources》
ASTM G155《Practice for Operating Xenon Arc Light Apparatus for Exposure of Non-Metallic Materials》
ISO 4892-1《Plastics – Methods of Exposure to Laboratory Light Sources – Part 1: General guidance》
ISO 4892-2《Plastics - Methods of Exposure to Laboratory LightSources - Part 2: Xenon-arc lamps》
SAEJ 2412 《Accelerated Exposure of Automotive Interior trim components Using a Controlled Irradiance Xenon-Arc Apparatus》
Main Technical Parameters
- Xenon Lamp：Three 1.8KW xenon lamps （imported from America or Chinese lamp）
- Fliter：Daylight filter （Also can choose extended UV filter or window glass filter）
- Lamp Lifetime: Near 1,500 hours
- Exposure Area：2,800 cm2 (can put 27 standard samples 150×70mm)
- Adjustable Irradiance Range：
0.3～1.0 W/m2 (Single point of control：340nm)
0.5～1.8 W/m2 (Single point of control：420nm)
30 W/m2～120 W/m2 (Full spectrum ：from 300～400nm)
- Controlling irradiance point：340nm or 420nm or 300nm～400nm（show at the same time）
- Adjustable Black Board Temperature Range：RT+20℃～90℃
- Adjustable relative humidity of working room：30%～75%（Light）；50%～95%（Dark）；
- Interior Material of Chamber：Stainless steel -SUS 304 material
- Exterior Material of Chamber：Powder coating
- Overall Size：940×940×1850mm
- Power Supply：AC 380V，50 or 60HZ；Max. Current 12 A（Also can choose single phase 220V，Max. Current 36 A）