The BEVS Automatic Scratch Tester is used to determine the scratch resistance of a single coating or a complex coating system. A tungsten carbide stylus is scraped across a coated surface. A variety of weights can be added above the stylus to adjust the force with which it scratches. Select a standard weight for your test protocol, or gradually increase the weight to determine the maximum load at which the coating resists scratching.
Watch a real-time graphic display of your scratch test, and easily see Pass/Fail results displayed.
- Large LCD touchscreen
- Adjustable sample platform
- Real-time graph of test
- Sample Clamp with Ruler
- Durable, high-hardness stylus
- Test results displayed on screen
Automatic Scratch Tester Tester Specifications
- Scratch Speed: 1.18- 1.6in (30 - 40 mm) / sec.
- Scratch Distance: 2.6in (65 mm)
- Power: 10 V/60 Hz (220V/50 Hz available)
- Scratch Tester
- Counterweight Set of 7 weights 0.11lbs, 0.22lbs, 0.44lbs, 1.10lbs, 2.20lbs (50g, 100g, 200g, 500g, 1,000g),
- Scratch Needle Stylus
- AC Cord
- ASTM D5178
- ASTM D2197
||Paints and Coatings
Automatic Scratch Tester